Date:      Sun, 29 Aug 1999 15:09:59 +0200
From:      Ben Gras <ben@euro.net>
To:        dynamo@ime.net
Cc:        security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Not sure if you got it...

All,

On Sat, Aug 28, 1999 at 10:22:12PM -0400, dynamo@ime.net wrote:
 > to stop rebooting from working right any user can just do this...
 > ln -s /file/with/blocked/io/such/as/a/tty /var/tmp/vi.recover/recover.file
 > this is my second try -- if you can gimmie an "ok" so i know you got this
 > i would appreciate it.

On a related note.. is there any good reason to take the vi.recover business
out of the boot process? It seems like a strangely vulnerable place to be
processing user-controlled files, using shellscript under root even. And
why during the boot? That only happens once every few years anyway (touch
wood) ;-).

Sounds like a crontab job to me.

	=Ben