Date:      Sat, 3 Jun 95 0:09:21 EDT
From:      Jim Durham <jcd@cs.pitt.edu>
To:        freebsd-current@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   floppy installation of 2.0.5-ALPHA

My net provider just went flat-line, so I'm using a machine at Pitt...oh
well..
The problem with the floppy installation is that the device /dev/fd0a
returns "busy" whenever you try to mount it. It does not appear to be
mounted anywhere. Looking from the ALT-F4 shell, it also appears that
the first slice of wd0 is wierd. It shows up as "wd0a", I think it
wants to be "wd0s2a" ?? It is mounted on /mnt. If this is true, where
does the floppy mount? I tried making another directory and mounting
/dev/fd0a on it, but still got the "busy" message.

Thanks...

Jim Durham
PS, the slice does show up as "wd0s2a" in the "Partition" and "Label"
menu stuff...