Date:      Fri, 9 Mar 2001 10:13:12 +1000
From:      "Doug Young" <dougy@gargoyle.apana.org.au>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Sendmail configuration with NAT

Would someone knowledgeable about sendmail please point me in the correct
direction here

I've had sendmail working perfectly for years using public IPs, however when
I use NAT / private IPs I get "Relaying denied" problems. According to info
at sendmail.org, all thats required
is listing of the private IPs in /etc/mail/access & /etc/mail/relay-domains
.... however that doesn't appear sufficient here. Is there a relatively
simple solution or do I need to do a heap of reading up on sendmail.cf / m4
/ FEATURES / etc ??

The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by
the server. The rejected e-mail address was 'blah@somewhere.com'. Subject
'test only ... please ignore', Account: 'bryden', Server: '203.3.126.129',
Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 5.7.1 <brc@brisbane.apana.org.au>...
Relaying denied. IP name lookup failed [192.168.0.2]', Port: 25,
Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79