Date:      Mon, 20 Jan 1997 11:34:50 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Commerical applications (was: Development and validation

> > One of my main talents is the ability to see order in apparently
> > chatotic systems.  But further, I see orders of order in these
> > systems.  This is what makes me a good systems engineer.
>
> Articles of more than five pages should be required to come with an
> abstract...

Abstract

	"There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio..."

	Social organisms have philosophical basis which can be
	mathematically modelled using games, chaos, and fractal
	theory.

	Using such a model, it is possible to percieve growth
	limitations on the social organism which may not be
	apparent to the organism itself.  Indeed, these limits
	can be seen to be dependent on the fractal order of
	the organization.

	Given knowledge of these limitations, it is possible
	to adjust the organization to optimize its growth.

	A rational social organism will act to optimize its
	growth, since that is the primary goal of social
	organisms: to subsume all competitors.

	Most social organisms (governments, churches, etc.) are
	not rational, in that they hold tenets which act to
	oppose change, and since growth is a form of change,
	they end up opposing growth.

	It is hoped that an organization in a less restrictive
	implementation space, such as a dynamic information
	space, will be more able to be rational.

	Our hypothesis is that decreased external pressure on
	the organizational structure will enable it to avoid
	ossification, and remain more fluid that one in a more
	traditional implementation space.

	Our theory is that a more fluid social organization will
	be, by nature, better optimized for progress toward
	achieving its goals (both primary and secondary).  We base
	this theory on observation of venture capitolized social
	organisms with a two year fiscal horizon historically
	out-competing publically held social organisms with a
	three month fiscal horizon, with all other external
	stress factors being equal (in fact, we have compared
	the same organization with itself in different stages of
	a life cycle involving conversion from venture capitol
	to public funding).

End abstract

					Regards,
					Terry Lambert