Date:      Sat, 26 Jun 1999 18:01:33 -0400
From:      Christopher Michaels <ChrisMic@clientlogic.com>
To:        'notme' <notme@lvdi.net>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: ppp re-dial after timeout

Do you have a local DNS server setup on the FreeBSD machine or are you using
the ISP's DNS?  Lookups could be triggering the dialups.

Also, the filter commands have changed slightly since the primer was
written.  I noticed this the hard way.  Take a look in the ppp man page, I'd
just tell you the syntax, but I'm at work right now not in front of the
machine, and I just can't remember exactly what it is.

I would setup a dial filter for TCP/UDP on port 53 and see if that helps.

-Chris