Date:      Fri, 5 Jan 2001 11:44:22 -0800
From:      Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>
To:        =?iso-8859-1?Q?Marcus_Vin=EDcius_Midena_Ramos?= <marcus@ansp.br>
Cc:        Guido van Rooij <guido@gvr.org>, freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: raw ethernetpackets..how?

On Fri, Jan 05, 2001 at 11:30:12AM -0200, Marcus Vinícius Midena Ramos wrote:
> Try libnet (www.packetfactory.net/libnet). It is for injecting packets.

I've you've got plans to port your code to something other then BSD
you'll want to use libnet.  Note that last time I looked, libnet didn't
support the header complete option required to let you send ethernet
packets with forged MACs.  Also, while libnet is the best option for
portable raw writes I know of, I really dislike it.  It's full of junk
that has nothing to do with it's task (being the compliment of libpcap.)
I did use them to write a cute little userland bridge for use as a man
in the middle attack on SecureRPC.

-- Brooks