Date:      Sun, 27 Jun 2004 13:40:48 -0400
From:      Chuck Swiger <cswiger@mac.com>
To:        3BSD <assadbsd@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Forgot to add...

3BSD wrote:
> One thing I forgot to add to be previous e-mail about hardware
> compatibility was that I'm using the DVI port of my graphics card,
> connected to an LCD display, will that pose any problems?

Generally not.  To the extent that your configuration of video card and
monitor can be treated as a generic (s)VGA display, FreeBSD will be
plug-and-play for text mode (booting, console), and will also work genericly
under X11.

Getting 3D hardware support going for fast OpenGL stuff, and/or doing a
multimonitor display mode are more complicated questions, but generally one
can get such things working after more tweaking and time spent on your part.

--
-Chuck