Date:      Fri, 02 Apr 1999 05:40:40 -0800
From:      Nocturne <dpilgrim@uswest.net>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Donald Wilde <dwilde1@thuntek.net>, Michael Doyle <relyod@co-operation-ireland.ie>, advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Advocacy

"Jordan K. Hubbard" wrote:
<snip>
> The reason this generally is is that nobody involved in such
> discussions to date have also had the spare time and/or technical
> wizardry to go play interesting vn device games or otherwise figure
> out where to get a root fs and potentially some swap space from, along
> with potentially other interesting bits, since booting FreeBSD becomes
> a little less than straight-forward once you've no handy ufs
> filesystem lying around.
<snip>
> In short, for a thousand and one good suggestions on what such a
> product should do, see the mailing list archives.  For someone
> with the time and inclination to actually make this a reality,
> scan the far horizon because I haven't seen that person yet. :-)

I'm one of those so-inclined people and I'm dreadfully bored with
writing backend VC/VB Windoze apps and NT domain management.  Now if
someone would please point me in the direction of one of those "Master
UNIX Hacking in 21 Days" books I'll get started right away. :-)

--
dpilgrim@uswest.net           /\  / __         Our lies are merely the
gryph@mindless.com           /  \/OC/URNE       truth of another world