Date:      Sat, 2 Oct 1999 14:08:14 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Kenneth Wayne Culver <culverk@wam.umd.edu>
To:        "Stevan S." <sjsan@mail.utexas.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: error reading primary partition table

On Sat, 2 Oct 1999, Stevan S. wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> The other day I was doing routine maintenance on my 3.2 system, I came
> across an email the machine emailed me (root).  In the email, it included
> the message below.  Can someone shed some light on this and what does it
> mean?  The system that I'm using is a Dell PII 350, 128 MB, 6GB HDD, CDROM,
> Floppy, and a IDE zip drive.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Stevan
>

> merlin.austin.cc.tx.us kernel log messages:
>  > acd0: read_toc failed
>  > wfd0: tray open
>  > wfd0: error reading primary partition table reading fsbn 0
>  > wfd0: tray open
>  > wfd0: error reading primary partition table reading fsbn 0
>  > wfd0: tray open
>  > wfd0: error reading primary partition table reading fsbn 0
>  > wfd0: tray open
>  > wfd0: error reading primary partition table reading fsbn 0
>  > wfd0: tray open
>  > wfd0: error reading primary partition table reading fsbn 0
>  > wfd0: tray open
>  > wfd0: error reading primary partition table reading fsbn 0
>  > wfd0: tray open
>  > wfd0: error reading primary partition table reading fsbn 0

Most likely this just means that there is no disk in your IDE Zip.

| Kenneth Culver	      | FreeBSD: The best OS around.    |
| Unix Systems Administrator  | ICQ #: 24767726                 |
| and student at The          | AIM: AgRSkaterq	                |
| The University of Maryland, | Website: (Under Construction)   |
| College Park.		      | http://www.wam.umd.edu/~culverk/|