Date:      Sun, 19 May 2019 10:49:24 -0400
From:      Matt Garber <matt.garber@gmail.com>
To:        Scott Bennett <bennett@sdf.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 11-STABLE system unbootable after update

On Sun, May 19, 2019 at 9:00 AM Scott Bennett <bennett@sdf.org> wrote:

>      Many, many thanks to the person who responded with the solution to
> get past the
> loader crash!!  My system is now getting work done again, and the rest of
> the new
> problems can be dealt with on a running system.

Out of curiosity, you mentioned in your previous email you created a new
boot environment for this upgrade=E2=80=A6 since additional issues remain b=
eyond
the loader, have you considered rolling back to the known-good BE and
attempting the entire process again (with another, separate BE) in a week
or so? Especially since that would hopefully allow you to continue your
other work without any additional issues or oddities to sort through in the
meantime?

--
Matt