Date:      Thu, 22 Jun 2006 16:52:25 -0400 (EDT)
From:      john@utzweb.net
To:        "Colin Faber" <cfaber@ruckusmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org, freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ACPI hw.acpi.video.* OID's not showing up witth acpi_video on  Dell D610

> Hi John,
>
> I've discovered that if I omit acpi acpi_video and drm from my kernel,
> and load them later on as modules the OID's do appear correctly.

yes, but do they (OIDs, drm, agp) work correctly afterwords?

my experience was that on 6.1-RELEASE if i loaded agp and/or  i915drm
after acpi_video then they wouldnt work, xorg would fail with a message
along the lines of

"/dev/agpgart" no such file or directory

and the sysctls for turning on and off the screen from acpi_video wouldnt
do anything.

as always, YMMV, :-)

johnu