Date:      Tue, 25 Jun 2002 10:48:09 +0200
From:      Holger Kipp <holger.kipp@alogis.com>
To:        greg.panula@dolaninformation.com
Cc:        Kal Torak <kaltorak@quake.com.au>, Barry Irwin <bvi@itouchlabs.com>, FreeBSD Stable <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>, FreeBSD ISP <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Good dual port NICs?

Greg Panula wrote:

> Kal Torak wrote:
> >
> > Barry Irwin wrote:
> > > Not Dual port, but I have been using the quad port dlink 570-TX cards for
> > > quite a while with no hastles.
> >

> I was unable to get dlink's quad port 570TX card to work properly in an
> SMP kernel.  The card worked fine in single cpu mode.  The box I was
> using was a compaq DL360 and the code was freebsd-stable 4.4.  I got
> watchdog timeouts if I remember correctly.  A search thru -stable list
> should turn up my problems.

We're using three of them in one system (no SMP) without any problems.

> So, I'm not sure if it was an interupt thing or APIC thing with freebsd
> or just a general user head-space problem on my part.

I'd bet it was a problem with shared irqs (and IO-APIC-support). Could you
provide some more information (if you still have them?). Just so I can collect
more data / evidence on this.

Problem Report or anything?

Regards,
Holger

--
Holger Kipp, Dipl.-Math., Systemadministrator  | alogis AG
Fon: +49 (0)30 / 43 65 8 - 114                 | Berliner Strasse 26