Date:      Fri, 15 May 1998 18:36:25 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Dima Dorfman <dima@zwb.net>
To:        burns@cs.purdue.edu
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Help

Don't install all packages!  It's a very bad idea!  It just haugs all your
space, and you won't use, or even know about them.

Please be more specific.  Which package?  If you want, one you've
installed FreeBSD, you can download all the source code for all the
pakcages.  If you want them in packages form, there should be something
like /usr/ports?  Either way, there will be a way you can install packages
later.

> Hello,
> I just bought the Complete Freebsd set and when I was installing, I came
> across an error when trying to install "all" of the packages which is
> later in the installation.  It basically said error trying to install
> package "somepackage" and then it would not install it.  I could hit
> enter, go on to the next one, but it did the same thing.  From that
> point on I could not install any  more packages.  Any ideas?  Please try
> and help me if possible.  Thank you.
> Elvar Efingale

Dima Dorfman (dima@zwb.net)

"640k ought to be enough for anybody." - Bill Gates, 1981
Micro$oft Sucks!  FreeBSD Rules!  http://www.freebsd.org/

Finger dima@zwb.net for more information.