Date:      Fri, 21 Dec 2001 09:07:55 +0530
From:      "Jaideep  Bhatia" <jaideep.bhatia@wipro.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Gnome Woes

------=_NextPartTM-000-e47a30ae-f571-11d5-a940-00b0d0d06be8

I have been able to run gnome with xdm. Gdm as the login manager dosen;t
start at all. I have added a user and the group gdm. And the user gdm
dosen't belong to group wheel or any other group. But gdm never starts
saying "gdm should not be started as root"?
	Any ideas what I might be missing?
Regards,
Jaideep