Date:      Sat, 8 Mar 2003 19:23:06 -0800
From:      Jordan Hubbard <jkh@apple.com>
To:        Tim Robbins <tjr@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        freebsd-i18n@FreeBSD.ORG, Landon Fuller <landonf@apple.com>
Subject:   Re: Status of Citrus project merge work?

Well, part of the problem may be that Mac OS X has been tracking
-stable exclusively so far and -stable is the reference code base we
look at whenever we're interested in what the state of affairs in
FreeBSD-land is, so clearly we missed the work you did in 5.0 when we
did our  comparison.

It's not that we're blind to 5.0's existence, by the way, we've just
been waiting for it to become a -stable branch of its own before we
shift our eyeballs over to looking at what it's going to take to
synchronize with it.  Given the many and varied areas of divergence
between Mac OS X and FreeBSD, even with our efforts to keep all the
relevant bits in sync, it simply represents a rather big job to even
compare parts of the two operating systems and 5.0 has just been one of
those "we'll cross that bridge when the time comes" sorts of things.

Now that we know the real meat of FreeBSD's wchar_t implementation lies
in 5.0 (or in Perforce for that matter), we'll shift our eyes over
there and see what we can do with that.  Thanks.

- Jordan

--
Jordan K. Hubbard
Engineering Manager, BSD technology group