Date:      Wed, 7 Jul 1999 03:13:27 -0500
From:      Chris Costello <chris@calldei.com>
To:        David Schwartz <davids@webmaster.com>
Cc:        Phil Regnauld <regnauld@ftf.net>, Alex Perel <veers@disturbed.net>, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Cheesy benchmarks

On Wed, Jul 7, 1999, David Schwartz wrote:
> > 	It's just not a benchmark.
>
> 	What it shows is that Linux and FreeBSD are roughly comparable in their
> ability to serve simple web pages and CGIs, at least with loopback
> networking and in their approximately default configurations. It further
> shows that some methods of generating web pages seem much faster than
> others.

   But what real good is that other than to get publicity that you did a
benchmark?  I'm sure I can get better performance through lo0 than I would
through tun0, but what's the point?

--
Chris Costello                                <chris@calldei.com>
I am still waiting for the advent of the computer science groupie.