Date:      Sat, 9 Feb 2002 17:30:44 -0500
From:      "Dan Langille" <dan@langille.org>
To:        Mario Sergio Fujikawa Ferreira <lioux@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        "David W. Chapman Jr." <dwcjr@inethouston.net>, ports@FreeBSD.org, jeremy@external.org
Subject:   Re: %SUBDIR% not being expanded during make -V MASTER_SITES

On 9 Feb 2002 at 19:29, Mario Sergio Fujikawa Ferreira wrote:

> On Sat, Feb 09, 2002 at 12:47:08PM -0500, Dan Langille wrote:

> > > I believe this was broken a few days ago and not fixed yet.
> >
> > Any reason it's not fixed?  Does someone need to be proded?
>
> 	As far as I know, it is supposed to be that way. At least,
> it is the way I "devised" this. It is due to the MASTER_SITES_NN
> patch, it is better to not touch the MASTER_SITES variables directly.
> 	It is not guaranteed that accessing variables will produce
> anything useable. The good way is to use targets such as mentioned in
> line 1529 of bsd.port.mk
>
> # synonyms, mnemonics
> master-sites-all: master-sites-ALL
> patch-sites-all: patch-sites-ALL
> master-sites-default: master-sites-DEFAULT
> patch-sites-default: patch-sites-DEFAULT
>
> # compatibility with old behavior
> master-sites: master-sites-DEFAULT
> patch-sites: patch-sites-DEFAULT
>
> 	Try either 'make master-sites-all' or 'make patch-sites-all'

OK, I'll modify FreshPorts to use "make master-sites-all".  At present it
does one big call to make:

make -V PORTNAME -V PKGNAME -V DESCR -V CATEGORIES -V PORTVERSION -V
PORTREVISION  -V COMMENT -V MAINTAINER -V EXTRACT_SUFX -V MASTER_SITES  -V
BUILD_DEPENDS -V RUN_DEPENDS -V FORBIDDEN -V BROKEN

I'll remove the MASTERSITES part and replace it with a "make master-sites-
all" which seems to do the same.

Were there any other changed in there? Are there any similar changes
planned for the near future?

thanks

--
Dan Langille