Date:      Mon, 20 Sep 1999 16:55:13 -0400
From:      "Ward R Goodwin" <admin2@empireone.net>
To:        "Mike Smith" <mike@smith.net.au>
Cc:        <freebsd-fs@freebsd.org>, <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>, <freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Help - Fasttrak eide raid host adapter and FreeBSD

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the reply.  I guess (unless lightning strikes in the
next few hours) I'll go ahead and set up as 2 IDE drives without
mirror and see if I can get FreeBSD to see it.  If that doesn't
work then back to the motherboard IDE channels...

BTW it might be software but it's bios level.  Just after the
motherboard bios access.  Just like when you use scsi raid
controllers.  So if they get it right it should be able to emulate
a "standard" IDE drive and not require drivers...

I was hoping someone had a hack that could translate from what the
card bios shows and allow me to go ahead and load FreeBSD.

Thank you for your time,

Ward

    Ward Goodwin      System Administrator         EmpireOne
  wardish@null.net    admin1@empireone.net  17 Computer Drive East
Phone (518) 453-1111   Fax (518) 489-6706      Albany, NY 12205
           Systems are interdependent, I'm indeterminate