Date:      Fri, 04 Aug 2000 16:49:03 -0400
From:      John Turner <john@drexeltech.com>
To:        Fabio Miranda <fmirand@yahoo.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: offtopic: Server questions

A question with huge potential for a bragging contest.  Nevertheless...a
little while back, a friend who still works for a company I left in early
1999 informed me that they had to reboot a box I had built to do DNS and
email for a rack of servers...after being up almost 500 days.

There's absolutely no reason to reboot a server unless it's obvious getting
hit hard (lots of swapping, memory usage seems to climb, long list of
zombie processes, etc).  Otherwise, keep it up, and enjoy.

- John Turner