Date:      Sat, 23 Mar 2019 21:31:17 +0800
From:      Frank Leonhardt <frank2@fjl.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: freebsd guest on azure

On 23 March 2019 20:54:15 GMT+08:00, tech-lists <tech-lists@zyxst=2Enet> w=
rote:
>Hi,
>
>If you're running a freebsd instance on azure,
>
>1=2E can you back up the instance
>
>-without azure's own tools
>-or with azures own tools (and I imagine it costs extra)
>
>2=2E or if you can't directly back up the instance, apart from tarring up
>the directories you need to keep and downloading them from the
>instance,=20
>what do you do?

First off, if I'm doing this on Azure then someone with deep pockets and a=
 Microsoft fixation is paying=2E I thought I'd make that clear!

As to your question, what I've done is run a ZFS pool and simply send a sn=
apshot=2E I can't remember now if I made it boot from ZFS as I prefer to bo=
ot from UFS and use ZFS for the rest=2E But I think I did this with Azure e=
xactly because  I wanted to copy  the disk around=2E It was early last year=
 so you can't quite me on it=2E

If you're not sure about sending datasets on ZFS then ask=2E

Regards, Frank=2E

--=20
Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail=2E Please excuse my brevity=2E