Date:      Mon, 18 Aug 1997 12:13:48 +0930
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        "Pedro Giffuni S," <pgiffuni@fps.biblos.unal.edu.co>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD background logo

On Sun, Aug 17, 1997 at 11:43:51AM -0700, Pedro Giffuni S, wrote:
> Andreas Klemm wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Aug 14, 1997 at 02:09:39PM +0200, Philippe Regnauld wrote:
>> > Had fun with the Gimp.  Take a look at:
>> >
>> > http://hotel.prosa.dk/~pjr/FreeBSD
>>
>> Looks good :-)
>>
> Yeah, it looks nice, but can we mention UNIX without being sued?

Of course we can.  The name is just copyrighted; you're still allowed
to write it.  There's nothing here that suggests that FreeBSD is
UNIX--on the contrary, it reminds me a little of Kirk McKusick's
limited edition Daemon T-shirt with the deflated death star on the end
of the fork.

Having said that, notice the text at the top left of the cover of "The
Complete FreeBSD":

  FreeBSD Turns your PC into a Powerful UNIX Workstation

Nobody's complained about that so far.

Greg