Date:      Thu, 4 Oct 2001 12:58:43 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Dru <genisis@istar.ca>
To:        Andrey Simonenko <simon@comsys.ntu-kpi.kiev.ua>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Low speed of running win-application under Wine

On Wed, 3 Oct 2001, Andrey Simonenko wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> It is normal that Windows applications run _very_ slow
> under Wine? I'm talking about simple application, like
> notepad, winmine.
>
> My system:
>
> FreeBSD 4.4-STABLE
> RAM 128M
> CPU Celeron 466MHz
> Wine wine-2001.08.24
> XFree86-4.1.0_6
>
> Everything I run from TWM (manager which is run by startx).

Hi Andrey,

Since noone else has answered, I'll take a stab at this. Are the Windows
apps on a mounted partition or is this PC devoted to FreeBSD? Also, what
command are you using to start the apps? Have you tried experimenting with
the various "-winver" possibilities to see if it makes a performance
difference?

Dru