Date:      Tue, 25 Apr 2006 22:00:19 +0200
From:      hans@lambermont.dyndns.org (Hans Lambermont)
To:        Frank Laszlo <laszlof@vonostingroup.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: libtool upgrade, entry 20060223 in UPDATING

Frank Laszlo wrote:

> the '-p' argument for portupgrade will build packages on your staging
> server, these packages can then be moved over to the production machine
> to be installed.
> Downtime should be minimal.

Well, in my first mail I started here; I have the full list of packages
already built on the staging server. I moved them over to the production
server, removed all old ports, and tried to install all of them with
this : pkg_add *.tgz . But pkg_add refuses to proceed, complaining
"pkg_add: too many packages (max 200)". I have over 400. If I choose a
smaller subset with for instance pkg_add [a-f]*.tgz I get dependency
problems, +REQUIRED files that are not there yet etc.

Perhaps I should up the hardcoded 200 to 500 in pkg_add and retry ?

regards,

-- Hans Lambermont