Date:      Thu, 06 Jun 2002 18:57:50 -0400
From:      Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com>
To:        =?ISO-8859-9?Q?Bar=FD=FE_HIZIR?= <bhizir@pa.edu.tr>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: hi

I'd recommend against sending fancy, multipart, HTML mail to this list.
It generally is ignored by most.

Barış HIZIR wrote:
> i am tyring to configure a ipf based firewall system. i have 3 network
> card. And i will did all of them configuration and they are works.
> But i have get this error.
> "*arp: 193.255.217.1 is on dc0 but got reply from 00:30:94:3d:16:00 on
> de0* *"*
> *dc0 is my first ethernet device end de0 is the second. *
> *when i try to send a packet to dc0 it gibes this error.*

You haven't supplied much detail on your network config.
Either your netmask is wrong, or you've got the wrong wire plugged
into the wrong NIC.
That message is telling you that the IP address 193.255.217.1 is on
the wire connected to de0, but according to your config it should be
on the wire connected to dc0.
You need to correct your network config.
If you send the output of "ifconfig" to the list, I'm sure folks will
be able to tell you exactly what's wrong.

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technology