Date:      Wed, 19 Oct 2005 03:32:10 +0800
From:      Xin LI <delphij@frontfree.net>
To:        Juraj Lutter <otis@sk.FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        delphij@FreeBSD.org, hubs@freebsd.org, cperciva@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: cn.freebsd.org nameserver down?

--82I3+IH0IqGh5yIs

On Tue, Oct 18, 2005 at 08:59:29PM +0200, Juraj Lutter wrote:
> Xin LI wrote:
> > added the Simplified Chinese Project website and a local
> > portsnap mirror).
>=20
> 	This is what I'm interested in; how-to setup a local portsnap mirror,
> as there is quite a lot of machines running in Slovakia/Czechia/Central
> Europe and it would be nice to have European portsnap mirror :-) I can
> provide the space and bandwidth needed.

You need some scripts from Colin.  The version I have is a bit stale accord=
ing
to him but I'm too busy to get an update from him :-)

To set up your own site, first set up a directory that is designated for the
mirror (which should be exposed through a Web server, e.g. lighttpd or Apac=
he,
etc), and a temp directory.

You need to run "portsnap-initwww.sh" in the mirror directory, which will
create directories that is necessary for the mirror;

Then, hack the "portsnap-mirror.sh" to teach it about the directories.  Set
up a crontab item for it, like this:

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
# Update portsnap
29,59   *       *       *       *       www     lockf -t 0 /hosting/portsna=
p.geekcn.org/mirrortmp/lockfile /hosting/portsnap.geekcn.org/scripts/portsn=
ap-mirror.sh
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

Also you will want to run portsnap-cleanup.sh periodically.

I can send the old scripts to you, though please ask Colin for the new ones
before trying the last resort :-)

> 	Also I would like to kindly ask you to modify sk.FreeBSD.org mirror on
> mirrors-ftp.html and add FTPv6 and also http access to ftp.sk.FreeBSD.org.

Committed, thanks.

Cheers,
--=20
Xin LI <delphij delphij net>	http://www.delphij.net/
See complete headers for GPG key and other information.

--82I3+IH0IqGh5yIs

--82I3+IH0IqGh5yIs--