Date:      Tue, 1 Mar 2005 15:45:48 -0800
From:      "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Installation instructions for Firefox somewhere?

The AIC7880 stuff is in the "good" category of stuff from Adaptec,
not the "junk" category.

> > However, I CAN tell you how to go about finding out what you need to
> > change.  Do you want to do this?  It might mean some effort
> on your part.
>
> I thought that asking questions here was supposed to help, and I posted
> all the information I have, but apparently nobody has a clue.

The people that can answer questions don't always respond.  A lot of
times
I will let questions go by that I know the answer to simply because it's
so easy that I know someone else is going to respond.

Also, I don't generally answer questions that I have to do a lot of
digging on because the questioner didn't put in enough data.  Such as
your SCSI question.  You posted the dmesg but you still haven't
posted the model of HP server.  More importantly, you didn't post
the overview data which if you had you would have got an answer to
at once.

For example if you had asked:

"I have a server that is giving errors on heavy disk load and I have
a narrow SCSI Seagate disk and a wide SCSI Quantum in it, make and
model #'s XXXX"

that would have got an immediate "don't do that your termination is
always screwed in such a scenario"

This is assuming you are mixing interfaces, which is still to be
determined.

Now granted you probably aren't aware of that, and I don't recall even
reading your original SCSI question anyway, I might have not got it.
I might have answered it anyway simply because I know that SCSI is
getting to be a lost art for many people and that a lot of people
here might have forgot about much of their institutional knowledge
on SCSI, even if I had to do the digging for it.

Also one other thing that is important - if you don't get an answer
within a week or so, ask again, politely.

Ted