Date:      Fri, 16 Jan 2004 15:51:23 +0000
From:      Andrew Boothman <andrew@cream.org>
To:        Scott W <wegster@mindcore.net>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Good BSD/Linux Article (somewhat off-topic)

[Moving to -chat]

Scott W wrote:

> Hey all, just wanted to share a link to an interesting article
> comparing/contrasting *BSD (primarily FreeBSD) and Linux, at
> http://www.over-yonder.net/~fullermd/rants/bsd4linux/bsd4linux1.php
>
> No affiliation, came across it on one of the bsd news sites...as a long
> time Linux user/admin/developer(pre-1.0 kernel), but dealing with
> Solaris and other *nixes pre-Linux, it's interesting to see someone else
> put to words some comments along the line of some of my 'close, but not
> quite completely thought out' thoughts, when I've tried to explain to
> co-workers and friends some of the reasons I've come to be less than
> thrilled with RedHat, yet really like Gentoo and FreeBSD.

Yes that is a great read. Ideal for sending to Linux-using friends who
can't understand why I'm not using Linux myself.

Personally I found it from my daily email from Google News which tells
me about any new postings to news sites that contain "FreeBSD". I've
found it very useful for seeing what large and small sites are saying
about FreeBSD, even if just mentioning it in passing.

See http://www.google.com/newsalerts

Andrew