Date:      Mon, 15 Apr 1996 19:41:37 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Network Coordinator <nc@ai.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Automatic Reboots and Locking up.

I have an AMD 5x86 133 MB w/ 24MB of RAM and an IDE controller in it. It
has a 3Com 3C509 ether card in it. When it is up and running, it pulls
over 100,000 hits/hr in WWW traffic. Because of the traffic I have it set
to reboot pretty regularly [every 6 hrs] because if I let it run longer
than that it freezes up [dead to the world about 20 hrs after boot up].

Normally the automatic reboots /usr/sbin/shutdown -r +0 work just fine,
but after every fourth or fifth, it will sync the disks, write
"Rebooting..." on the screen and just freeze there. No word, no nothing.

It is running 2.2-032396 SNAP. It sits next to a machine virtually like
it that is running 2.0.5 that has no problems of the kind whatsoever.

Any ideas? If not, anyone know where I can get 2.0.5 off the net to
install on this thing?

Thanks so much,

Paul