Date:      Mon, 29 Mar 2004 01:40:11 +0300
From:      Ion-Mihai Tetcu <itetcu@apropo.ro>
To:        cprog@yandex.ru
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Some questions about 5.2.1-RELEASE-p3

On Mon, 29 Mar 2004 00:37:30 +0400 (MSD)
"Dixx" <cprog@yandex.ru> wrote:

> Good time of the day!
>
> I have FreeBSD 5.2.1-RELEASE-p3 installed on Compaq Armada E500 laptop. Because
> of some problems on this system, i so have some questions about this.

[..]

> Second, when i tried to compile kernel with more optimization than default
> (-O changed to -O3 in COPTFLAGS variable of /usr/src/sys/conf/kern.pre.mk)
> i've got error during compile:

[..]

> Is this normal? With -O2 options compilation of kernel was successfull.
> And, because this kernel is working on my laptop at moment, may be kernel
> panic i've got is result of setting -O2 option?

AFAIK compiling with -O2 hasn't been declared "safe" yet, even on
current. So it is not on safe on -p3 either. Not to speak about -O3 or above.

> Third, during boot i have next error messages from ACPI (see attachments for
> dmesg):

For ACPI problems, following the procedure described at
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/acpi-debug.html
is the fastest way to go. Even if someone on this list will help you,
providing those info to the acpi team would help them.

--
IOnut
Unregistered ;) FreeBSD user