Date:      Tue, 30 Mar 2004 00:12:34 -0500
From:      Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>
To:        Pawel Jakub Dawidek <pjd@FreeBSD.org>, src-committers@FreeBSD.org, cvs-src@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        David.E.Tweten@nasa.gov
Subject:   Re: `ps' vs commit: src/sys/kern kern_proc.c

At 2:07 PM -0800 3/26/04, Pawel Jakub Dawidek wrote:
>pjd         2004/03/26 14:07:28 PST
>
>   FreeBSD src repository
>
>   Modified files:        (Branch: RELENG_4)
>     sys/kern             kern_proc.c
>   Log:
>   MFC informations leakage fix.
>
>   Reviewed by:    rwatson
>
>   Revision   Changes    Path
>   1.63.2.11  +7 -3      src/sys/kern/kern_proc.c

I am guessing that this might be the commit to RELENG_4 which
has changed the behavior of `ps' wrt displaying command-line
args.  This is the issue reported by David Tweten in the thread:
       "Ps(1) Restricting Command Lines"
on freebsd-stable.

If you're still awake David, could you see what happens if you
undo the above change and rebuild your kernel?  I'm afraid to
try it, because if this isn't the problem then I'll probably
start looking for something else, and I need to head home!