Date:      Tue, 14 Sep 1999 23:43:08 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Andrzej Bialecki <abial@webgiro.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Setting MAC address - a plea to authorities

Hi,

Thanks to someone's help I found the code that Bill Paul wrote to set the
MAC address on the ethernet card.

In short, I find it very useful and an excellent addition when building
FreeBSD HA solutions. I've heard there was some controversy about how
these types of things should be done and where, but the fact is that as
for now it's the only way to do it (that actually works and is here).

Can we please have these issues resolved so that this functionality can be
added to the base system?

Thanks a lot!

Andrzej Bialecki

//  <abial@webgiro.com> WebGiro AB, Sweden (http://www.webgiro.com)