Date:      Mon, 31 Jan 2000 12:20:49 -0800 (PST)
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@hub.freebsd.org>
To:        Greg Childers <gchil0@pop.uky.edu>
Cc:        KATO Takenori <kato@ganko.eps.nagoya-u.ac.jp>, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: identcpu.c change causes panic - not identcpu.c?

On Mon, 31 Jan 2000, Greg Childers wrote:

> A panic also occurred on my Pentium (P54C) 66MHz, but backing identcpu.c
> to 1.79 didn't stop the panic.  Here is the panic info, copied by hand.  (I
> hope there are no typos!)

Well, I rebuilt a kernel with 1.80 of identcpu.c and it booted fine this
time, so it looks like you can ignore my previous report. My best guess is
that something in my kernel was out of sync with itself (I built multiple
times to try and get the ipfw6 error to go away, perhaps it didn't
recompile an object file when it should have).

Sorry for the false alarm,

Kris

----
"How many roads must a man walk down, before you call him a man?"
"Eight!"
"That was a rhetorical question!"
"Oh..then, seven!" -- Homer Simpson