Date:      Thu, 28 Mar 2002 00:43:02 +0100
From:      Walter Hop <walter@binity.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   SANE on FreeBSD: your preference of scanner?

I am looking to buy a scanner to use with SANE/gimp on my FreeBSD
4.5-STABLE workstation.

The SANE backends' sites mention several affordable scanners, but these
sites are mainly Linux-oriented. I don't know how platform-independent
these drivers are and so, to prevent possible disappointment I'd like to
ask which scanner people would recommend with SANE on FreeBSD.

I am sensitive to a vendor's attitude to the open source movement so if
it's an option, a BSD/Linux-friendly hardware vendor would be even more
appreciated. :)

thanks,
walter

--