Date:      Fri, 11 Jul 2003 08:46:57 +0200
From:      dick hoogendijk <dick@nagual.st>
To:        Eric Yang <eric@yangonline.us>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: mouse speed

On 10 Jul Eric Yang wrote:
> > I am pretty new to Freebsd and I am having a problem with the mouse.
> > It moves slowly across the screen, it seems I can the acceleration
> > factor, but I really dislike acceleration, is there anyway

Still, having a "xset m 4 2" line in my .xinitrc gives me a much more
responsive mouse. Not only in KDE, but in all other window managers I
use too. That's the advantage of having this line instead of only
setting it in mouse properties (KDE).

-(if you set it in KDE system make sure you set *both* sliders and not
just the one for accelaration)-

--
dick -- http://www.nagual.st/ -- PGP/GnuPG key: F86289CE
++ Running FreeBSD 4.8 ++ Debian GNU/Linux (Woody)