Date:      Mon, 15 Mar 1999 00:10:34 +0000
From:      "Pierre Y. Dampure" <pierre.dampure@k2c.co.uk>
To:        FreeBSD-SMP@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   dma_init questions

I read with interest the thread related to problems with dma_init() on
motherboards fitted with more than 512Mb RAM. I own a genuine PR440FX
(Providence) Intel motherboard, fitted with 2 x 512K, 200MHz PPro and
1Gb ECC RAM (I know, the PDF only mentions 512Mb as the max amount of
supported RAM, but there weren't any 256Mb DIMMs at the time, and it
works OK under NT) and I'm having problems with the fdc driver, which
complains as previously reported (dma_int(2,1024), etc)

The system is stable when used w/o the fdc driver (make world, make
release, heavy gimp usage) but craps out as soon as I configure the fdc
driver in. I have tried the mod advertised on this list (_HEAD vs _TAIL
in vm_page.c), to no avail.

I'm willing to get this one ironed out, can someone tell me what I need
to do to help?

Best Regards,

PYD