Date:      Wed, 10 Dec 2003 10:40:51 +0100
From:      Volker Stolz <stolz@i2.informatik.rwth-aachen.de>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   USE_IMAKE, CC and LD_LIBRARY_PATH

If a port has USE_IMAKE set, CC from the command line is not
respected. This could be fixed in the port by setting

  MAKE_ARGS+=	CC="${CC}"

However, this means losing the "LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/X11R6/lib" which
seems to get in from the imake-template. The ports I tested didn't
break, so I'm wondering why it's needed.
Are there any other possible issues with overriding CC for X apps using
the site-wide templates? OTOH, LD_LIBRARY_PATH could simply be passed
along in CC as well. For consistency, it might be nice doing this in
bsd.port.mk.

[Unluckily, it isn't so easy to fix CFLAGS in the same way.]
--
http://www-i2.informatik.rwth-aachen.de/stolz/ *** PGP *** S/MIME
rage against the finite state machine