Date:      Thu, 8 Feb 2001 16:21:52 -0800 (PST)
From:      Gerald Raynor <jerryr73@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Can not boot/rc.conf - no vi

I made some changes to the "rc.conf" and it seems as
though I have a syntax error.  I go into "/bin/sh" but
I have no access to an editor, "vi" or "ee".  I do
have access to "cp" and "mv" but I am unable to
copy/move the backup file, I so rarely make, over the
current "rc.conf".  I am getting the error "Read-only
file system".

Does anyone have any suggestions?  I'm running 3.2
Release.  Thanks!