Date:      Tue, 11 Mar 1997 04:54:26 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        IT Security <nsg@netop.jaring.my>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Kernel not stable ?

> Then one day there was a sudden power failure. When I on the server again
> I couldn't login. The login prompt won't allow me to type anything. I

Reinstall this system completely and format the hard drives while
you're at it, just to be safe.

If there was a power failure and the machine stopped working the way
it used to, then that's a sure sign that "something" got deleted or
corrupted in the process, and ince figuring out what that "something"
might have been could take you anywhere from a day to a month, it's a
lot faster to simply back up your important files and install it
again.

And put this machine on a UPS, for god's sake! :-)

					Jordan