Date:      Thu, 21 Jun 2001 16:01:11 -0700 (PDT)
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
Cc:        alpha@FreeBSD.org, mjacob@feral.com
Subject:   Re: more panics, with some traceback info....

On 21-Jun-01 Andrew Gallatin wrote:

> This looks very similar to other pmap corruption panics that have been
> posted in the past..
>
> Is this at boot, or does it take a while for it to panic?
>
> Can somebody re-review my pmap_emulate_reference() hacks?

I have already.  I have them completely locked by vm_mtx now, but that results
in some fun lock order reversals.  I'm still having problems though.  I'm also
seeing vm_page corruption on the x86.  My patches ar efull of debugging cruft
right now though, but I'll try to put up what I have so far tomorrow.
Unfortunately, I have meetings until then. :-/

I also have a new KTR tracepoint for trap's that should make things slightly
easier for panics like this where we fault in a fault handler.