Date:      Sun, 18 Feb 1996 18:55:13 -0800 (PST)
From:      invalid opcode <coredump@nervosa.com>
To:        FreeBSD-current <current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   hrmmm

It seems as if you start a program from X by an xterm, as in:

exec xterm -T pine -e pine &

and than try to ctrl-z (suspend) it, it of course won't suspend because
there is no shell to suspend too, but it also won't automatically
continue, you can destroy the window, but the process remains running, I
have tried everything (I think) to try to kill these hung processes:
top output:
  694 coredump   4    0  752K  548K ttywai   0:26  0.00%  0.00% irc-2.8.2

including kill -{every number from 1 to 30}, and it still wont die. Any
suggestions, or is this a bug?

Chris Layne						coredump@nervosa.com.
IRC: hexonyx                                http://www.nervosa.com./~coredump