Date:      Fri, 26 Aug 2005 16:22:28 -0400
From:      "C. Michailidis" <dinom@balstonresearch.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: freebsd-questions Digest, Vol 109, Issue 16

On Friday 26 August 2005 08:00 am, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
> No, the funny thing is that this is a server side problem, but you seem
> to believe, for some reason, that switching clients is going to fix it :-/
>
> Sorry, it won't.

Whatever... I guess you didn't read the message I posted about 3 minutes after the first that said: "Anyway, the command:

cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/eclipsexul co -P com.orangevolt.eclipse.xul

worked fine for me."

Did you read that one?  No, I bet you didn't read message #9 from vol 109, issue 16.  Explain to me how I managed to checkout sources just fine if it's a server-side problem as you claim???  Anyway, that's not even the point.  The point is, don't fuggin' carbon-copy me only to tell me I'm a dummy.  In addition, how can you manage to say "Still, the problem remains." - shouldn't the person having the problem be the one to claim that it remains???  Am I missing something here?

Also, if you couldn't tell that my initial message was only a tangent to the guy's issue, you probably have issues of your own.  I wasn't trying to solve his problem outright, I was simply recommending Eclipse's CVS perspective.  I happened to find it odd that this dude is trying to manipulate a CVS repository for a project that is longing to enhance Eclipse, but he isn't using Eclipse to checkout the code.  Naturally there are reasons for this (thus I followed my message with another).

I mean, it's like I try to offer some friendly advice and right away some random jerk is emailing me personally.  You wanna contribute to the list George?  Don't fuggin' email me directly and CC the list, stupid!  If I wanna read your drivel, I'll read the list - I don't need to see messages from you personally in my inbox.  Did you want to insure that I know you are a jerk?  You've done a good job of that.  After all, if you didn't send your email to me directly, there is the chance I would have never read your message in the list and thus I wouldn't have gotten a chance to put you on my 'pay no mind' list.  I suppose I should thank you for that.

This is exactly why I hate so many people.  I just try to give the dude some reasonably decent advice... after all the CVS integration in Eclipse is pretty darn good.  And immediately some friggin idiot (not even the guy who I intended the advice for) jumps all over me.

It doesn't take a genius to read between the lines of message 12, Vol 109, issue 16.  There isn't much there except you trying to tell me that I'm an idiot.  Please don't post a message to the list just to tell me I'm dumb.  It isn't really productive, and you just might make yourself out to look like the bigger fool.

How about instead of belittling the advice I offer, you take it with a grain of salt and keep your big fuggin' yap shut, because you know what... I bet it is a client side problem.  After all, I managed to c/o sources from that project fine, in addition the dude said he hasn't used CVS in a long time, and honestly what are the odds that out of over 100,000 projects on sourceforge this particular one (with an admitted CVS newbie at the helm) is having repository problems?  But, if it is a server-side problem... fine (I've been wrong before, I'll be wrong again), just don't email me personally with the sole intention of telling me that I'm an idiot.

You wanna CC me or send me email directly, fine... but put more content in the message besides 'ha ha, you are wrong'.  Okay?

Dino

"The essential quality of a proof is to compel belief." - Fermat