Date:      Mon, 09 Dec 96 09:41:35 -0800
From:      "Eric Kylstra" <erick@accessone.com>
To:        "questions" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   History for root doesn't quite work

I'm running 2.1.5 using the bash.  For all the users I've put on the up
arrow works fine for going back through the previous commands.  But the
root doesn't like the arrow keys.  Every time an up (or any arrow key)
is pushed I get:

^]

If root is in its own directory (/root) then it gives:

^mbox]

for the 1st time and then the ^] thereafter until the ^c or return is
pressed to get a newline.

The problem is the same if I log directly on as root or us the su
command.
Odd but irritating.  Any ideas?  Thanks!

Eric Kylstra
erick@accessone.com