Date:      Sun, 4 Apr 1999 12:46:40 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Igor Roshchin <igor@physics.uiuc.edu>
To:        scottd@cloud9.net (Scott Drassinower)
Cc:        gladiatr@sunflower.com, patseal@hyperhost.net, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: no active SCB; BUS DEVICE RESET

I have seen similar behaviour with
(ahc0:0:0): "QUANTUM TRB850S 0405" type 0 fixed SCSI 2
in combination with Adaptec 2940UW, but that was yet with the 2.1-STABLE

I am not sure how relevant it is to the current problem,
but at that time I was told that it was due to imperfect driver for
the ahc (which was fixed since that - somewhere in 2.2.x),
and/or due ot a "bad" combination of 2940 with Quantum HDD,
where the later was not responding correctly at times - when
the i/o was at high level.

Igor