Date:      Wed, 29 Apr 2020 17:26:57 +0200
From:      Tomasz CEDRO <tomek@cedro.info>
To:        Victor Sudakov <vas@sibptus.ru>
Subject:   Re: sysutils/screen and its now default "screen.xterm-256color" terminal type

After I found out TMUX I have never used screen anymore :-)

TMUX can not only store your session in the background, create new
windows, etc etc, but also split your terminal in horizontal and
vertical directions. This is amazing to work on large resolution
screens (even text mode uefi stuff), will also store your working
session when Xorg crash or you simply loose remote connection, and
works amazingly fine with UTF-8 terminal. You can have VIM (with split
windows), shell, compiler, and debugger, all on one terminal screen!
You operate tmux almost the same as screen except Ctrl-B is the prefix
not Ctrl-A :-)

https://github.com/tmux/tmux/wiki