Date:      Wed, 6 Mar 2002 20:49:31 +0100
From:      Andreas Ntaflos <ntaflos.andreas@gmx.net>
To:        Panagiotis Skoulikaritis <pskoul@egreta.gr>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: problems after a change of the ip address on a freebsd 4.2

On Wed, Mar 06, 2002 at 10:20:46AM +0200, Panagiotis Skoulikaritis wrote:

>    Hello All
>
>    I' m experiencing problems after a change of the ip address on a
>    freebsd 4.2.  Basically I moved the machine to another network and
>    since that change I cannot ping or connect to anything outside the
>    local subnet.  I put the correct ip information (subnet mask, default
>    gateway),  There is no problem with the rooting of the specific
>    subnet, because other machines that I have on that same subnet have no
>    problems connecting to hosts outside of the local network.

Gia sou,
  maybe you should check whether you have something in your /etc/hosts file
  which causes problems. Check if you can ping the default gateway and double
  check whether you HAVE the correct subnet mask and IP information.
  And it may be obvious but also don't forget to check your cabeling.

HTH
regards
--
	Andreas "ant" Ntaflos