Date:      Sun, 1 Jul 2001 18:37:07 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Philippe Casidy <pcasidy@casidy.com>
To:        jeff-ml@mountin.net
Cc:        roam@orbitel.bg, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG, portmgr@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports/28510: Can't make ports readmes if categories  missing.

On 29 Jun, Jeffrey J. Mountin wrote:
> At 05:58 PM 6/29/01 +0300, Peter Pentchev wrote:
>
>>The PR itself has another patch.  I haven't tried either.
>
> True, but that only fixes one target.
>
> ISTR there was some issue with $SUBDIR that made it easier to fix in the
> Makefile's.

Thanks for your reactions regarding my patch commitment. In fatch, I
wanted to be have the least impact on the tree that is why I only fixed
the target for which the problem occurs for me.

IMHO, one of the best solution would be hate to set (or unset) which
language we want in /etc/make.conf in a way that world and ports would
be impacted. There is also a DOC_LANG variable for docs. Why not a
variable for ports categories, man pages...

Anyway, I do not want to start a new discussion if it has already
happened but I would like something to be done and eventually improved.

Thanks.

Phil.