Date:      Sun, 24 Jun 2007 17:16:58 +0200
From:      "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@berklix.org>
To:        "Dominique Goncalves" <dominique.goncalves@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Unable to use my USB MP4 player: FreeBSD hangs

"Dominique Goncalves" wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to connect my USB MP4 player to transfer some video and
> music files, but when I plug the player FreeBSD hangs at this point:

You don't say, if, so I'll reccomend:
	Do turn on power before connectting to FreeBSD
	Do not rely on player detecting power & turning on.
Why:
I used to have hell of a problem before with my Clipman mp3 player
Problem was devd or usbd created & destroying things while listening
to wire one end, & the Clipman mp3 listening to wire & also doing
things, eg powering off or destroying /dev entries etc.
	http://berklix.com/~jhs/~jhs/txt/clipman/

--
Julian Stacey. Munich Computer Consultant, BSD Unix C Linux. http://berklix.com
 HTML mail unseen. Ihr Rauch=mein allergischer Kopfschmerz. Dump cigs 4 snuff.