Date:      Sun, 15 Jun 1997 13:50:03 -0700 (PDT)
From:      max@FreeBSD.ORG
To:        freebsd-ports
Subject:   Re:ports/3871:Update to FElt port(CAD)

The following reply was made to PR ports/3871; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: max@FreeBSD.ORG
To: freebsd-gnats-submit@freebsd.org, pgiffuni@FPS.biblos.unal.edu.co
Cc: max@wide.ad.jp
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 1997 04:58:40 +0900 (JST)

 >This update of the FElt port solves some problems in FElt. I also added
 >examples and corrected a small typo in the PLIST (oops I don't see that fixed
 >the update, better check: it was a problem with the directory
 >$(PREFIX)/share/felt).

 I see several problems with this.

 1. The location for example files are ${PREFIX}/share/examples/felt.

 2. Sent patch for patches/* doesn't apply without -l option to the
 patch command.  (Just want to make sure that the resulting files
 created with ``patch -l'' are what you want.)

 3. I personally don't think it is necessary to use
 ${PREFIX}/share/felt.  The default location of ${PREFIX}/lib/felt
 looks ok to me.

 Please check on these and re-send in the update.

      Thanks,
 Max