Date:      Fri, 19 May 2000 20:48:52 -0300
From:      Gustavo Vieira Goncalves Coelho Rios <kernel@tdnet.com.br>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   stack trace: what's the problem?

I am debugging a program.

Here is a cut-paste from my gdb session:

(gdb) n
70                      strncat(path, dir, 3);
(gdb) bt
#0  create (dir=0x804d035 "/00") at getdir.c:70
#1  0x80489c0 in getdir () at getdir.c:25
#2  0x8048825 in add_user (name=0xbfbff8d9 "aro",
    domain=0xbfbff8dd "rios.org", dir=0x0) at add.c:26
#3  0x8048792 in main (argc=3, argv=0xbfbff7d8) at stub_add.c:12
#4  0x80486ed in _start ()
(gdb) n
71                      st = mkdir(path,
S_IRUSR|S_IWUSR|S_IRGRP|S_IROTH);
(gdb) bt
#0  create (dir=0x804d035 "/00") at getdir.c:71
#1  0x80489c0 in getdir () at getdir.c:25
#2  0x105e100 in ?? ()
#3  0x8048550 in printf ()
Error accessing memory address 0x42: Bad address.

As you can see, at a given point everything is ok, but justa after the
execution of the command at line #71, my stack get corrupted. What am i
doing wrong?

I really thank you for your time and cooperation.