Date:      Wed, 14 Nov 2001 20:36:24 -0500
From:      Scott <scottro@nyc.rr.com>
To:        "Ben Goldstein" <beng@nc.rr.com>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: kernel make errors

At 20:06 2001/11/14 -0500, Ben Goldstein wrote:
>I don't have anything out of the ordinary in my kernel config.. and the make
>process halts upon linking kernel.  config runs fine.
>
>umass.o: In function `umass_cam_attach_sim':
>umass.o(.text+0x1257): undefined reference to `cam_simq_allow'
>etc.. etc.. etc..
>umass.o: In function `umass_cam_sense_cb':
>umass.o(.text+0x1918): undefined reference to `xpt_done'
>umass.o(.text+0x1929): undefined reference to `xpt_done'
>*** Error code 1
>
>Stop in /usr/src/sys/compile/BG1.
>

>Does this error relate to a common or easy to point out problem? Or would it
>be something deeper within my config.. ?

There was something posted today, I think--everyone is getting these errors
right now.  The trick ~seems~  to be either remove or rename your
/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/BG1  ( I assume that's your kernel, as it matches your
intials.)

However, a quick word of warning--that, at least seems to have worked for
everyone who is getting the error in the linux module, which is where the
majority of them seem to be.

HTH
Scott Robbins